What You Get
Included in all options:
- 5-night (6-day) tour with accommodation (3 nights in Kathmandu, 1 night in Nagarkot and 1 night in Chisopani), guide, trekking, meals as per itinerary (breakfast, lunch, dinner), transfers, Kathmandu valley sightseeing by car, and a typical Nepali cultural dinner
- Shivapuri National Park Permit ($10 per person)
Changunarayan Royalty fee (NRS 600 per person)
- AED 1,769 for one person (instead of AED 2,200)
- AED 2,876 for two people (instead of AED 4,400)
- AED 4,816 for four people (instead of AED 8,800)
- Departures every day until 25 Dec 2023
- No modification or cancellation allowed after booking confirmation. Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to another destination once confirmed
Travellers can discover gems of Nepal’s rural culture and Himalayan views during this sightseeing experience covering accommodation, breakfast, and trekking with some simple preparation and minimum amount of equipment. Main attractions along the trail include a visit to Shivapuri National Park, panoramic views of the mountains from Chisopani, sunrise and sunset views from Nagarkot, and a visit to the ancient temple of Changunarayan (listed as a World Heritage Site).
The tour is complete with accommodation in a chosen hotel in Kathmandu (Hotel Nivas Boutique Home), Nagarkot (Hotel View Point) and Chisopani (tea house or lodge run by a Nepalese family).
Day 1: Arrival day
- Arrive in Kathmandu and be transferred to the hotel
- Take part in a short tour briefing; overnight stay in Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Sundarijal (1,460m) - 1 hour, and trek to Chisapani (2,165m) - 6 hours (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu; Sundarijal is situated at 1,460m from where the trek starts. Beyond Sundarijal, the trail climbs continuously through the forest to a medieval-looking reservoir, the dam and the waterworks. The trail leaves the water supply system and climbs steeply to a road to 1550m.
- Continue the climb to the top of the Shivapuri National Park; on the way sit for a cup of tea and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley
- Beyond Mulkharka, the trail continues to climb steadily. After passing through an army camp, the trail enters the Shivapuri National Park. Most of the Shivapuri ridge is a dense forest of pine and oak. Continue the climb down the ridge through a forest of oak and rhododendron to Chisapani at 2,165m.
Day 3: Trek Chisapani to Nagarkot (1,932m) - 8 hours (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Weather allows, admire the sunrise view with the snowcapped mountain. After breakfast, proceed to the flat trails for about 3 hours. Reach a small village of Chowki Bhanjyang and have lunch there
- Arrive at the hill station called Nagarkot, situated at an altitude of 2,175m which provides the grandstand panoramic views of the Himalayas. If the sky is clear, see five of the fourteen tallest mountains in the world, including Mt. Everest Region (8,848m), Lhotse (8,516m), Cho Oyu (8,201m), Makalu (8,463m) and Manaslu (8,163m)
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Nagarkot
Day 4: Trek to Changunarayan (1,700m) - 3 hours, and drive to Kathmandu - 1 hour (breakfast and lunch)
- After breakfast, take an easy walk down to Changunarayan Temple
- Afterwards, drive back to Kathmandu and relax
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu
Day 5: Sightseeing (breakfast and dinner)
- After breakfast, visit the Monkey Temple, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, and Patan Durbar Square
- Overnight stay in the hotel
The sightseeing entrance fee of 2,600 NPR per person is not included in the cost, this may be payed directly at the sightseeing place
Day 6: Depart home (breakfast)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms
- English speaking trekking guide
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by car or van (depending on a group size)
- Pets are not allowed
No modification or cancellation allowed after booking confirmation. Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to another destination once confirmed.
Valid for departures every day until 25 Dec, 2023.
Price for 1, 2 or 4 people, depending on the option chosen.
Must book 10 days prior to the trip and by 15 Dec, 2023.
Booking required by email: email@example.com. Required info: name, contact number, preferred date of stay and time of arrival. Attach your coupon to the email.
To enquire, please call: 00977 98512 29400.
Limit 1 voucher per person. May buy multiple as gifts.
The package excludes all bar bills, mineral water, soda drinks; Nepal Visa fee (to be paid for upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, $30 per person) personal expenses; Nepal travel insurance (insurance must cover medical, accidental, natural disasters, emergency evacuation and trip cancellation expenses along with luggage and gear loss, theft or damage); sunscreen, sunglasses; all entrance fees while sightseeing the Kathmandu valley - $26 per person; tips for a guide and a driver.
Excludes flights, Shivapuri National Park Permit for day 3 ($10 per person), and Changunarayan Royalty fee (NRS 600 per person).
The hotels are located in Kathmandu, Nagarkot and Chisopani, Nepal.
Groupon prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
A valid passport is mandatory.
Valid for stay in a standard room for 1 person, or 2 or 4 people, as per option chosen.