Travelers may discover Nepal’s rural culture and Himalayan views during this sightseeing experience covering accommodation, breakfast, and trekking with some simple preparation and minimum amount of equipment. Main attractions along the trail include a visit to Shivapuri National Park, panoramic views of the mountains from Chisopani, sunrise and sunset views from Nagarkot, and a visit to the ancient temple of Changunarayan (listed as a World Heritage Site). Travelers will be accommodated in a chosen hotel in Kathmandu (Hotel Thamel or Hotel Holy Himalaya), Nagarkot (Hotel View Point) and Chisopani (tea house or lodge run by a Nepalese family).
Day 1: Arrival day
- Arrive in Kathmandu and be transferred to the hotel
- When at the hotel, take part in a short tour briefing and stay overnight in Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Sundarijal (1,460m) - 1 hour, and trek to Chisapani (2,165m) - 6 hours (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu. Sundarijal is situated at 1,460m from where the trek starts. Beyond Sundarijal, the trail climbs continuously through the forest to a medieval-looking reservoir, the dam and the waterworks. The trail leaves the water supply system and climbs steeply to a road to 1550m.
- Then cross the road and continue the climb to the top of the Shivapuri National Park; on the way sit for a cup of tea and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley
- Beyond Mulkharka, the trail continues to climb steadily. After passing through an army camp, the trail enters the Shivapuri National Park. Most of the Shivapuri ridge is a dense forest of pine and oak. Continue the climb down the ridge through a forest of oak and rhododendron to Chisapani at 2,165m.
Day 3: Trek Chisapani to Nagarkot (1932m) - 8 hours (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- If the weather is clear, admire the sunrise view with the snowcapped mountain. After breakfast, proceed to the flat trails for about 3 hours. Reach a small village of Chowki Bhanjyang and have lunch there
- Arrive at the hill station called Nagarkot, situated at an altitude of 2,175m which provides the grandstand panoramic views of the Himalayas. See five of the fourteen tallest mountains in the world, including Mt. Everest Region (8,848m), Lhotse (8,516m), Cho Oyu (8,201m), Makalu (8,463m) and Manaslu (8,163m)
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Nagarkot
Day 4: Trek to Changunarayan (1700m) - 3 hours, and drive to Kathmandu - 1 hour (breakfast and lunch)
- After breakfast, take an easy walk down to Changunarayan Temple, listed as the world heritage site.
- After a visit to this temple, drive back to Kathmandu and relax
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu
Day 5: Sightseeing day (breakfast and dinner)
- After breakfast, enjoy sightseeing that covers Monkey Temple, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, and Patan Durbar Square
- Go back to the hotel and stay overnight there
The sightseeing entrance fee of 2600 NPR per person is not included in the cost, this may be payed directly at the sightseeing place
Day 6: Depart home (breakfast)