Travellers have the chance to unravel the mysteries of Sri Lanka with a three-night tour visiting Kandy and Sigriya, filled with ancient temples, forts and gardens as well as modern squares and bazaars. Accommodation is provided at contemporary hotels offering elegant accommodation alongside a wide variety of dining and leisure options. Highlights of the tour include a visit to the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Temple of The Tooth Relic, a sightseeing tour of Kandy and safari at Minneriya National Park.
Day 1: Airport / Kandy
- On arrival, meet the chauffeur at the airport
- Drive to Kandy with an enroute stop at Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage
- Watch the Cultural Show featuring traditional dances and a spectacular fire show
- Visit the Temple of The Tooth Relic, the Royal Palace, Workshop of Golden Weapon, Tunnel, The Moat, Bathing Pavilion and the National Museum.
- Overnight stay in Kandy
Day 2: Kandy
- Explore the modern city of Kandy on a sightseeing tour featuring the market square, gem shops, batik factory, wood carving factory, Kandy Lake and the Royal Botanical Gardens.
- Dive into the tropical lushness during the Forbidden Forest Nature Walk
- Pay a visit to the Ceylon Tea Museum and sample some exquisite tea
- Overnight stay in Kandy
Day 3: Kandy / Sigiriya
- Drive to Sigiriya
- Visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Engage in a Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Day 4: Sigiriya / Airport
- Spend the day at leisure
- Leave for the airport as per flight timing
Groupon’s Guide To Sri Lanka
Described by historians as the finest island of its size in the world, hovering just above the Equator and amid the waters of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is well known for its tropical forests, beaches and landscape grounds.
Once on the island, travellers may visit the famous Yala National Park, the most visited and the second largest national park in the country, boasting an array of wild animals and aquatic birds. With over 3000 years of history and many ancient cities including Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Digamadulla, Sri Lanka is a perfect place for history enthusiasts. Negombo, one of the country’s major cities, is located on the west coast of the island and is famous for its sandy beaches and historical landmarks. Attractions such as the Angurukaramulla Temple, a six-metre-long reclining Buddha temple, and the Christian St. Mary’s Church await to be explored, while shopping enthusiasts may buy traditional products and souvenirs at one of the many local markets and shops.