During this four-day tour, holidaymakers have a chance to discover the gems of Baku, including Fire-Worshippers’ Temple, the Martyrs’ Alley memorial, Fountain Square, and more. They are also invited to explore the historic sights of Gabala, and visit Gobustan, where the ancient rock paintings were discovered. Taking advantage of their time in Baku, travellers can also indulge in traditional food and browse the local markets in search of souvenirs.
- Day 1: Arrive in Baku (direct flight from Sharjah) and head to the hotel; Embark on a tour to Ateshgah Fire-Worshippers’ Temple and see the outcrop of inflammable gas on the Yanardag mountain
- Day 2: Proceed to Gabala, which was once the capital of Caucasian Albania, and discover its historical and cultural sights
- Day 3: Explore Baku during a tour covering both modern and historic parts of the city; visit the Freedom Square, the Martyrs’ Alley memorial - Shyahidlyar Hiyabany, and view the city’s panorama from the Mountain Park; after the Baku city tour head to Gobustan to see some ancient rock paintings dating back to the Paleolithic period
Day 4: After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer to Baku Airport for onwards flight
- Travellers will stay in Ambassador Hotel, Baku or a similar hotel
- Check-in from 2pm, check-out by midday
Groupon’s Guide To Baku
Overlooking the Caspian Sea, Baku is the capital of Azerbaijan, famous for landmarks such as medieval-walled old town with the Palace of the Shirvanshans, a royal complex and stone Maiden Tower. Contemporary attractions range from Heydar Aliyev Center designed by Zaha Hadid to the Flame Towers, three skyscrapers covered with LED screens.
Also known as the City of Winds, Baku is noted for strong winds throughout the year, warm and dry summers with average temperatures of 26.4 °C, and cool and wet winters when the thermometers show around 4.3 °C.