The Maldives tantalise the senses of even the most demanding sojourners with palm-fringed beaches, colourful marine life, some of the world’s best snorkelling spots, and freshly-caught seafood. Take a four-day break from reality to indulge in relaxation, dipping the toes in the pristine sand, basking in the sun and making the most of the resort facilities.
Travellers can choose between four-star and five-star accommodation options, all with private beaches and restaurants tempting with local fare.
The four-star Malahini Kuda Bandos Resort awaits holidaymakers in Male City, North Male Atoll, and boasts a hot tub, water sports facilities, all just about 10 minutes from the airport. Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa is a four-star resort offering bungalow accommodation and on-site spa services.
Gourmet dining goes hand in hand with luxury facilities and spa at the five-star Cinnamon Velifushi based in Keyodhoo, with bungalows extending way into the ocean. Boasting a range of wellness facilities, water sports and pools, the five-star Grand Park Kodhipparu can be reached within a 20-minute speedboat transfer from Male.
Groupon’s Guide To Maldives
The Maldives archipelago consists of 1,192 coral islands scattered in the Indian Ocean, spread across 90,000 square kilometres, making it one of the most dispersed countries in the world.
The island offers an abundance of food, landmarks and activities to choose from. Tourists may explore the pristine beaches, uninhabited islands and revel amid the crystalline blue waters. For the history enthusiasts, significant moments in Maldivian history may be learned at the National Museum of Male, while the Esjehi Art Gallery preserves local traditional artwork. The Maldives has a tropical monsoon climate with two seasons, the dry season in winter, and the rainy season lasting from April until the end of October featuring temperatures of up to 33°C with an average amount of rainfall of approx. 2,540 mm in the north of the island.
Option 1: four-star package in Malahini Kuda Bandos
- AED 2,449 for 3 nights per person in a garden room with half board
- AED 4,949 for 3 nights per person in a garden room with half board and flights
Option 2: four-star package in Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa
- AED 5,679 for 3 nights per person in a water bungalow with all inclusive
- AED 8,179 for 3 nights per person in a water bungalow with all inclusive and flights
Option 4: five-star package in Cinnamon Velifushi
- AED 3,849 for 3 nights per person in a superior beach loft with half board
- AED 6,349 for 3 nights per person in a superior beach loft with half board and flights
Option 5: five-star package in Grand Park Kodhipparu
- AED 5,949 for 3 nights per person in an ocean water villa with half board
- AED 8,449 for 3 nights per person in an ocean water villa with half board and flights