Buzz Adventures invites holidaymakers to experience the historic sights of Sri Lanka, also known as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean. Travellers have the chance to unravel the mysteries of this country with two, three- or four-night tour visiting Kandy and surrounding areas filled with ancient temples, forts and gardens as well as modern squares and bazaars. Highlights of the tour include a visit to the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Royal Botanical Gardens, tea plantation and a sightseeing tour of Kandy.
- Day 1: Airport - Pinnawela - Kandy
• Meet and greet at the airport • Drive to the Kingdom of Kandy • En route visit to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and the Spice Gardens • Cultural show and visit the Temple of The Tooth Relic in the evening • Overnight stay in Kandy
DAY 2: Kandy
• Kandy city tour, visit to the Market Square, gem shops, batik factory, wood carving factory, and Kandy Lake; time for shopping • Short trek to the Forbidden Forest • Visit to the Royal Botanical Gardens • Overnight stay in Kandy
DAY 3: Kandy - Airport or Nuwara Eliya (if extended)
• Leaving for the airport as per flight timing or extending the tour • If extended: an excursion to Nuwara Eliya en-route • Visit to a tea plantation with a factory, discovering the manufacture of Ceylon Tea • Nuwara Eliya city tour, including Gregory Lake, Queen Victoria Park, Golf Club and Market Place • Overnight stay in Kandy
DAY 4: Kandy - Airport or Sigiriya (if extended)
• Leaving for the airport as per flight timing or extending the tour • If extended: an excursion to Sigiriya • Visit to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress • Safari at Minneriya National Park • Overnight stay in Kandy
DAY 5: Kandy - Airport
• Day at leisure (spa, Sri Lankan cuisine and relax by the pool) • Leaving for the airport as per flight timing
Groupon’s Guide To Sri Lanka
Described by historians as the finest island of its size in the world, hovering just above the Equator and amid the waters of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is well known for its tropical forests, beaches and landscape grounds.
Once on the island, travellers may visit the famous Yala National Park, the most visited and the second largest national park in the country, boasting an array of wild animals and aquatic birds. With over 3000 years of history and many ancient cities including Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Digamadulla, Sri Lanka is a perfect place for history enthusiasts. Negombo, one of the country’s major cities, is located on the west coast of the island and is famous for its sandy beaches and historical landmarks. Attractions such as the Angurukaramulla Temple, a six-metre-long reclining Buddha temple, and the Christian St. Mary’s Church await to be explored, while shopping enthusiasts may buy traditional products and souvenirs at one of the many local markets and shops.