Globetrotters are invited to explore two of the most popular European destinations, Paris and Amsterdam. Travellers will be kept entertained with a 6-night itinerary packed with fun activities, including a full-day trip to two Disneyland parks and cruises in both Paris and Amsterdam. When not out sightseeing with the group, travellers will also be able to explore on their own or simply relax and enjoy their new surroundings.
Situated near a shopping centre and a metro station, Hotel Reseda offers guests convenient access to central Paris. Visitors travelling from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport can reach the hotel in approximately 60 minutes on a bus number 351, by metro, or in an approximately 30-minute taxi ride.
The rooms come complete with private bathrooms, telephones, living areas and TVs.
Guests can enjoy a daily buffet breakfast served on site, while the hotel bar offers a selection of beverages.
Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp is located a 20-minute drive from Schiphol Airport. Guests enjoy complimentary airport shuttle service.
Each room features a bathroom, a flat-screen TV, safe, telephone, desk, refrigerator, air conditioning and tea- and coffee-making facilities.
The hotel offers a 24-hour front desk, a cosy hotel bar/lounge and an extensive choice of dishes from an a la carte menu at the on-site restaurant.
- Arrival at Charles de Gaulle Airport and check-in at the hotel
- Leisure time for travellers to explore on their own for the rest of the day
- After breakfast, the group will head off to Disneyland Paris to discover its magical world, meet the well-known Disney characters and experience the thrill of Disney rides
- Access to Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park is included for the whole day
- After breakfast, visitors will be taken on a River Seine cruise, passing by the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Les Invalides, Concorde Square, Île de la Cité and more
- Travellers will also have time to explore the rest of the city on their own
- After breakfast and check-out, the group will head to Paris Nord Station to catch a train to Amsterdam Central Station for a 3-hour picturesque journey across the countryside
- Once in Amsterdam, holidaymakers will check in at the hotel and be able to enjoy leisure time for the rest of the day
- After breakfast, the group will enjoy a canal cruise via Amsterdam Canal District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, passing by elegant former merchant’ houses dating back to the Golden Age, gables, churches, the iconic Magere Brug and more
- Travellers will also be given free time to explore or shop on their own for the rest of the day
- Breakfast and free time to relax or explore
- Breakfast, check-out and a trip to the airport where the tour ends
Groupon’s Guide To Amsterdam
Sitting on the south bank of IJ Lake, Amsterdam is a port city connected to the North Sea, with Amstel River flowing from south to north. Mixing vibrant nightlife and many diverse festivals with Renaissance architecture and cultural events, Amsterdam, the capital city of Netherlands, is a convenient spot for exploration and relaxation.
Guests can take a breath of fresh air with a stroll through the Erasmus Park, where ponds, gardens and local attractions make for a nice day in the sunshine. Moving inside, travellers can visit the Van Gogh Museum, which exhibits the works of the great master alongside pieces painted by his contemporaries. In this city of many tastes, tourists may enjoy Asian or Indonesian cuisine at one of the city’s restaurants or a dessert at one of the famous pancake houses, before renting a bicycle for a refreshing ride along the canals. Amsterdam also boasts shopping streets filled with a wide range of stores and street markets selling food and clothes.
The weather in the capital city of Netherlands features an oceanic climate, strongly influenced by the North Sea. The temperatures during the summer season are mild, with the average high of about 20°C. The city gets a great level of sunshine throughout the season. However, the average low temperature, especially in the evenings, reaches about 12°C. Starting from mid-September, autumn is a rainy and wet period, with October having an average of 13°C and November of 9°C. Amsterdam rarely sees the temperatures drop below 0°C in winter, with the average high around 5°C. The level of sunshine drops to one hour per day in December, but this improves as the season progresses. In the spring, the city warms up. Although March and April are still chilly, May is often very pleasant with highs reaching 20°C.
Groupon’s Guide To Paris
Combining a rich heritage with contemporary perks, this lively European capital is a place of historic, artistic and gastronomic treasures including museums, fountains, bridges, vineyards, cafes, restaurants and much more.
The City of Light marries classic artwork, which can be discovered at The Louvre or Le Musee d’Orsay, with contemporary art. Churches are the oldest intact buildings in Paris, and stained glass windows pair up with flamboyant Gothic structures achieving architectural wonders, such as Sainte-Chapelle or Saint-Denis Basilica. Tourists can walk on the banks of the River Seine or through the Promenade Plantée park, while Champs Elysées offers high-end boutiques, glitzy showrooms and the famous Arc de Triomphe. Travellers can have a taste of the French cuisine including pastries, sea food and couscous, shop in exclusive boutiques and flea markets, dance the night away in one of the many night clubs, or enjoy a French Cancan show at the Moulin Rouge. Paris has a temperate, oceanic climate with warm summers and cold winters. Summer comes with an occasional heat wave and eight hours of sunshine a day, while in autumn temperatures drop to 15°C in October with an average of 50mm of rain per month. During winter, temperatures drop to 1°C in January, with highs of maximum 6°C and approx. two hours of sunshine a day.