King’s live a life of luxury, with a host of servants to do their bidding, a kingdom at their beck and call, and sons to relieve them when the weight of the golden crown gets too much. Live a life fit for royalty, at least for a day, with today’s Groupon: get a stay for 2 in a luxurious King Room with a Hot Air Balloon Ride starting from AED 1150 at 5-Star Bab Al Shams.
An exclusive resort in Dubai, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is a unique retreat in the desert surrounded by rolling dunes and natural desert landscape, providing a characteristic and traditional desert experience that is true to the culture and heritage of Dubai and the UAE.
Translated from Arabic as ‘Gateway to the Sun’, Bab Al Shams’ design is reminiscent of a fortified rural Arab village in the desert built in and around an oasis. Take shelter from the sun Inside the walls, shaded courtyards, walkways and water features which also maintain the unique ambiance and atmosphere.
Bab Al Shams is a well-recognized hotel in the UAE as well as in the travel industry, having been a recipient of numerous awards, including the following:
- UAE's Leading Hideaway Resort- World Travel Awards 2011
- Al Hadheerah Restaurant: 'Best Middle East & North African' at the BBC Good Food Middle East Awards 2011
- Best Weekend Break - Ahlan Magazine Best in Dubai 2010 Awards
- UAE's Leading Hideaway Resort- World Travel Awards 2010
- Best Weekend Getaway in the UAE - What’s On Abu Dhabi Awards 2009
- Middle East Customer Care Excellence Awards 2008
- Favorite Weekend Getaway Hotel in the UAE - What's On Awards 2006 & 2007
- Adjacent to Dubai International Endurance City
- 45-minute drive from city center of Dubai and Dubai International Airport
- 20-minute drive from sister property, The Meydan Hotel
The Superior King
Bask in the room’s delightfully appointed decor while, out in the private balcony, enjoy the breeze and views of the desert, landscaped gardens or the Palm Grove. Cook up meals for your loved one in the kitchenette (available in some rooms) or live it up with a complimentary breakfast.
- High speed internet connection
- Coffee & tea making facilities
- Satellite TV & radio
- Generous selection of bathroom amenities
- In-room private safe
- In-room dining
- Wake up service
- Daily room servicing
- Turn down service
Experience 1001 culinary delights. Like a scene straight out of an Arabian fairytale, Al Hadheerah Desert Restaurant is the place to experience traditional fare amid rolling sand dunes. Here the mood of old Arabia is captured perfectly through the lively entertainment of belly dancer, henna artists, live bands and falcon displays.
Located in the heart of the hotel, Masala's exquisite menu of Indian dishes. Slow-cooked in traditional style, with the ambiance of traditional Indian background music, is an enchanting complement to Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa.
Spend some quality time in a family atmosphere. Overlooking the Arabian Desert, Al Forsan Restaurant offers a refreshing, friendly ambiance for those who want to enjoy a la carte menu for breakfast, lunch or dinner with the family.
Le Dune Pizzeria
A fusion of Arabic and Italian décor create a delightfully warm ambiance here – from aged wooden furniture shipped from Italy, to the traditional Arabian lanterns that add that rustic feel. The pizza is, of course, freshly made and the antipasti buffet is a selection of the region’s finest specialties.
Al Shurouq Lounge
Al Shurouq Rooftop terrace is the ideal place to relax in the majlis seating areas while admiring stunning views of the boundless Arabian Desert. Indulge your taste buds with a delicious mix of light bites, bar snacks, pizzas and lots more.