This course offers an introductory overview on the key aspects of how to start a business. Additionally, by focusing on each individual’s business idea respectively, students will be given the tools and guidance to develop their business plan accordingly. The topics that will be touched covers the necessary elements for developing a business plan, which includes legalities, market research, business finance, advertising and promotion, bookkeeping, cash flow forecast, profit and loss account and business technology.
By the end of the course, a student would be able to:
- Identify appropriate business opportunities
- Outline sources of advice, assistance and regulation
- Identify and complete financial forecasts
- Produce a comprehensive and effective business plan
- Produce a specimen plan for a new business venture